This is about The Body Shop SWOT | TOWS analysis
- Brand (name, image, Ethic natural ingredients)
- Experience, financial ... expertise of L'Oreal
- Body Shop targets a niche market. By stating That it is not testing its products on animals and by Appearing to have an ecological profile, it has appealed to customers with ethical issues. Being the only shop in the shopping center sells ecological That Increased awareness of organic and eco friendly products (89% avoid synthetic chemicals in personal care goods)
- Lack of Marketing, Guerrilla / Viral Strategy
- Connection to political issues
- Strong customer community
- Strong social mission
- Lack of shareholders 'consideration'
- The first to break the market
- Loss of trust from different ... the supply chain (publication. ..)
- Number of stores in the UK
- Not "purple" in the U.S. Market (They have been copied)
- Increased interest of men in Their (The Metrosexual factor)
- Slower distribution (Because of the chemical legislation)
- Unstable supplies of ingredients, materials and
- On the other hand the collapse of banking institutions and economy indicates
- Tougher times ahead for anybody trading on the high street.
- Exchange rate. The fall of pounds indicates higher prices for imported ingredients and products
- New legislation banning animal tested products and the marketing of Such policy may raise the competition.
The Body Shop International has many strong traits of strength Them That have catapulted into the Limelight throughout the years. Many of Them Their are extremely unique to the which also grips the business Them Into Controversy and political "drama" as They undergo "business as usual".Their first strong strength revolves around The Body Shop's lack of a traditional marketing strategy. Instead, Their focus rests on a viral marketing strategy where consumers / customers will take the burden of advertising upon the Body Shop and tell Their friends. It is completely free and is proven.
Building on Their lack of a marketing program - The Body Shop has built an incredibly strong community of customers as They build up Their "trade" dollars. Entering the viral That strategy requires customers are willing to go out of the way to "trade" and to tell Their friends about the entire experience and Their incredible community supports this strategy.
Their strong social mission helps to build upon the previous strength as another strength. Not only is The Body Shop paving the way for corporate responsibility and community engagement - but They are building a Clientele That Wildly supports Their views and once again Their Will tell friends about it. The Fact That They are changing the world seems a to be just a small afterthought.The Body Shop has many other strengths That stay out of the norm of traditional business. Their lack of shareholders' consideration "Them helps to maintain Their mission without ...
Source: Mintel national statistics